Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beneath Seattle Skies

Hooray for Washington weather. It's been raining all day and this makes me happy. I love sunny weather too, but sometimes rainy days seem so perfect. Especially when it's not winter rain. I grew up in the Boston area where winters could get pretty damn nasty but now I always miss the snow. It snows here maybe a few times a year and never very much. A dusting here is a HUGE deal, which I find hilarious. "OH MY GOD! HALF AN INCH OF SNOW! LET'S DECLARE A STATE OF EMERGENCY AND CLOSE DOWN THE ENTIRE WESTERN SIDE OF THE STATE!!!" Pretty amusing.

Why am I going on about this? I have no idea...

I've concluded that I'm insane. Even though I already have roughly a gazillion things on my literary plate, I've decided to move forward with a micro-press I've been thinking about for some time. I just love the punk DIY ethos and know so many talented writers who should be read more widely and shared with any readers who have the balls to try someone/something new and different. This project will be very small-scale; no one will be getting rich--especially not me, but I don't give a shit about that and hope the writers get it too. We'll see, I guess. I probably won't even make a website for it. Just a myspace page: www.myspace.com/blooskize :)

I should mention that a piece of flash fiction I wrote was accepted by Coscom Entertainment for their upcoming zombie antho BITS OF THE DEAD, available for pre-order at Horror Mall. I'm really excited about the project and hope everyone else digs it too. (You'll find links in the--you guessed it!!--link section!!!)

Guess that's it for now. Love and best wishes to all and thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

Jodi Lee (Morrighan) said...

YAY Gina! Congratulations, for both Bits of the Dead and Blooskize!