Tuesday, September 9, 2008

BUSY

Whew! This writing gig is growing by leaps and bounds, which has taken me by surprise, to say the least. I never thought I'd be one of those people who have to start saying no to things, but here I am, completely overwhelmed by the amount of requests for stuff lately. And it's not even that bad, really. I don't know how others do it. Requests to read manuscripts is the first thing that is going to have to stop. As much as I love reading new stuff, it's just way too time consuming to have to read entire novels for the purposes of giving blurbs or writing introductions. I'm flattered beyond belief that some folks want things like that from me, but it's keeping me from my own work lately and until I'm caught up with that, the answer is going to have to be no for a while. It sucks, I know. But there it is.

Another thing that will probably not be happening for a while is short stories. I need to get caught up on all the books I'm supposed to be writing for various publishers, not to mention I'll soon be drowning in the editing pool for books that are already complete but need various degrees of revamping.

The next few months are going to be crazy. Big stuff is happening and I couldn't be more excited about it. Viva Ranalli!

1 comment:

Jodi Lee (Morrighan) said...

So, asking you to give your left pinky to the blood and bits drive for zombies without appendages is pretty much a no then?

;) *hugs* Busy is a good thing!