Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Negative Space

For the last week or so I've been in this negative head space that I can't really seem to shake. I've been getting bombarded with all kinds of work-related requests, which is making me feel overwhelmed and sort of stressed, in addition just getting some bad vibes from someone who I consider a friend. I think part of feeling crappy might have to do with the weather--it is nearly July and still cold around here. Fucking blows.

I've been trying to improve my diet a lot too and have been pretty successful at it so far. Eating lots of good organic stuff, a lot of raw fruits and veggies. Cutting out as much processed food as possible, create as little waste as possible, etc... Most people don't stop to think about all that plastic and cardboard and such that come with their processed foods, so it's not only bad for them, but bad for the environment as well.

Also decided to go back to meditating, which should help a lot too. Getting back into the practice of it takes time though. We'll see how it goes.

I'm reading a whole bunch of books right now too. Five, I think, all of which are enjoyable in their very different ways. One of the books is Only Begotten Daughter by James Morrow, which kicks much ass and I find totally hilarious. My guess is that Morrow probably pisses off a whole lot of Christians though. It reminds me quite a bit of the Vic Mudd book Deity, actually. God's children sure know how to have a good time. haha.

But with all this reading I've been doing, I realize just how much growing I still have to do as a writer. Grow and grow and grow and never stop. That is the point of this insane life, I think. That and to surround yourself with special, loving, kind people and to recognize the bullshit when it comes your way, which it always does eventually.

LOVE TO ALL!

love love love love
love love love love

1 comment:

Jodi Lee (Morrighan) said...

Negative out! The cold will pass, you'll get some sun and air, work stuff'll ease up... You'll win JulNo and all will be well.

*hugs*